• Folktales for Children • Folktales for Teens
• Folktales for Adults
• Folktales to Promote English Language Learning
• Folktales for Character Education & Life Skills
• American Folktales with German roots
• Scary stories, from humorous to startling to downright creepy. Adaptable for ages 10 and up
• Mars & Venus – folktales of relationships and all their craziness between men and women. For adults
• Disturbingly Ever After – folktales that really shouldn’t have happy endings but do. For teens and adults
• Yuk! – bodily functions in folktales. Adaptable for ages 8 and up
• Programs can be specially designed for your event, interests, needs or curriculum, Just ask!
• Storytelling in the Classroom and Across the Curriculum
-High School Grades
• Storytelling Basics for Teachers
• Folktales, Myths & Legends: What’s the Difference?
• Storytelling Basics for Parents
• Storytelling in the Middle School/High School
• Literacy through Storytelling
• Teaching Character Education & Life Skills Through Storytelling
• Teaching Empathy Through Storytelling
• The Neuroscience of Storytelling
I can also provide workshops on the use of storytelling in therapeutic and social work settings.
Workshops and lessons for students generally take 1-3 class periods
•From Text to Performance: how do storytellers bring their stories to life? What's involved in getting a story off the page? This presentation received high approval from teachers working with students on a storytelling unit and involved students in the process of the creation of the performance. (1 class period). Grade 4 and up.
• Fractured Fairytales: fun with taking a classic fairytale apart and putting it back together with a twist (2 class periods). Grade 6 and up.
• Character education lesson, including a one story performance, and an interactive, discussion- or activity- based lesson (1 class period). All grades. Lessons adapted to age and developmental level and needs of students.
• Folktales, Myths & Legends: What’s the Difference? Includes performances of each. All grades.
• Storytelling basics. This is a longer set of lessons, but is fun way to prepare for public speaking. 3-6 lessons. Grade 3 and up.